Tráfico | T 53° H 64%


Spanish | English

Create a Plan:

  • With your spouse and/or other adults in the household write up a family schedule including time of arrival and departure from work or school and common routes individuals take to get to work or school and post it on wall or refrigerator
  • With your spouse and/or other adults in the household, make a list of family and friends who can help in case a family member is detained and post it. Make sure you choose one person who has an immigration status to be the contact person between you, your family, immigration officials, lawyers, etc.
  • Identify emergency guardian for your children, talk to that person about your expectations and short-term emergency and long-term plans. For this you will need to make a Power of Attorney where you authorize the guardian to take the custody (long term or short term) of your children and to travel outside of the United States with them.
  • Register your children as citizens of your own country, if your children are citizens of the United States, you can do this by visiting your Consulate and following their requirements. It is important because that way your children can obtain a passport from your country of origin and can enter in your country without being treated as foreigns and be able to stay with you.
  • If possible set aside an emergency fund to help with expenses and the loss of one or all family wages.
  • Make a list of actions the remaining parent or the crisis guardian can take in case of deportation. The list should include:
    • Power of Attorney / Short term custody / Travel Authorization for your children.
    • Call a community agencies that can provide immigration legal support.
    • Have the numbers to call to locate a person in ICE detention.
    • Call relatives in home country, and have available relatives names and phone numbers.
    • Have a list of community agencies that can offer family mental health services, rental subsidies and other family support services .
    • Have a list of teachers names and numbers to inform them of the crisis and ask for support .
  • Make a list of what children need to do in case a parent or both parents don’t come home when expected
  • Call a community family support agency to talk through your plan and for support on how to talk to children
  • Have a family meeting with your spouse and children and talk calmly about the risks adults and children face with the immigration raids, review the plan, and make sure everyone understand what they need to do
  • 10. For more information contact: Your organization’s contact person and phone #


To find a private immigration attorney

American Immigration Lawyers Association

  • Immigration attorney referral service
  • Has easy to use online directory of lawyers in your area. Go to
  • Or, call 1-800-954-0254 or e-mail

National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers’ Guild
14 Beacon Street, Suite 602, Boston, MA 02108
Immigration lawyer referral service at or by calling (617) 227-9727.

Free or Reduced Cost Immigration Help

Boston College Immigration & Asylum Project (617) 552-0593
Boston College School of Law, 885 Centre Street, Newton Centre, MA 02459

  • Represents people with asylum & detention issues only

Catholic Social Services (Cape Cod only) (508) 674-4681
1600 Bay Street, Fall River, MA 02724

  • Provides direct representation on wide-range of immigration matters, including forms, brief consultation, asylum screenings, etc
  • Hotline hours: Tues 9 am – 12 pm; walk-in clinic Wednesdays 5-8 pm; some Saturday mornings

Community Legal Services & Counseling Center (617) 661-1010
1 West Street, Cambridge, MA 02139

  • Suburbs north of Boston only
  • Provides help with political asylum, U-visas, immigration status for battered women where one spouse has legal status, special immigrant juvenile cases.

Greater Boston Legal Services (617) 371-1234
197 Friend Street, Boston, MA 02114
(Immigration Unit; Asian Outreach Unit)

  • Provides direct representation to income-qualified individuals on wide-range of immigration issues

International Institute (617) 695-9990
1 Milk Street, #4, Boston, MA 02109

  • Provides direct representation on wide-range of immigration matters
  • Provides social services / interpreter services

Political Asylum Immigrants Representation Project (PAIR Project) (617) 742-9296
254 Friend Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02114

  • Represents people with asylum & detention issues only

Catholic Charities in Boston (617) 464-8100
Attorney Jason Corral
275 W. Broadway
South Boston, MA 02127

  • Represents people with asylum & detention issues only

Community Organizations

Agencia ALPHA: (617) 522-6382

  • 62 Northampton St. Boston, MA 02118
  • Boston

Centro Presente: (617) 629-4731

  • 17 Inner Belt Road Somerville, MA 02143
  • Somerville

La Colaborativa de Chelsea: (617) 889-6080

  • 318 Broadway Chelsea MA, 02150
  • Chelsea

LUMA:(617) 381-0015

  • 198 Ferry St. Everett MA, 02149
  • Everett

Lawrence:(617) 381-0015

  • Lawrence Family Development and Education Fund
  • (978) 794-5399

Lawrence:(617) 381-0015

  • Lawrence Family Development and Education Fund
  • (978) 794-5399

Lowell:(617) 381-0015

  • MAPS – Lowell
  • (978) 970-1250

Alliance to Develop Power :(413) 739-7233

  • 130 Union St. Springfield MA, 01105
  • Organizer: bliss Requa – Trautz
  • Springfield


Center For Latino Progress (860) 247-3227

  • 95 Park St. Hartford, CT 06106
  • Directora: Yanil Teron
  • Hartford, Connecticut


  • New Hampshire Alliance for Immigrant Rights,
  • Eva Castillo a su celular, (603) 661-2873
  • 620 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge MA, 02139

Michael Martel (781) 593-8550

  • 41 Ocean St. Lynn MA, 01902